Laboratory Associate – Bioconjugation
Are you passionate about improving diabetes treatment? Are you meticulous in your work? Are you an innovative, team player? If so, then you will want to contact us! Thermalin is looking for a Laboratory Associate – Bioconjugation to join our team. In this role, you will Perform peptide/protein covalent modifications and bioconjugation to support project goals.
Laboratory Associate Responsibilities:
Synthesis of peptides using solid-phase Fmoc approaches (manual and automatic); Characterization of peptides using MALDI-MS, LC-MS, HPLC, TLC, UPLC, UV-Vis, and NMR; Perform conjugation reactions using NHS chemistry, carbodiimide chemistry, etc; Perform scale-up bioconjugation reactions; Prepare reagents such as NHS-activated esters; Conduct and execute experiments to improve efficiency and scalability; Perform technical procedures in a laboratory setting under minimal supervision; Collect and record experimental results accurately and meticulously; interpret and think critically about data.
Associate Candidates Will Have:
- A BS or MS in Organic Chemistry or Biochemistry.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in an industry setting is required.
- Direct laboratory experience with peptide synthesis.
- At least 3 distinct, observable examples where achieved meaningful excellence.
Successful Laboratory Associate Candidates Will Be:
- Meticulous and detail oriented, responsible & mature.
- Innovative thinker.
- Passionate, committed to excellence; driven to make projects and company succeed.
- Persistent/tenacious, proactive self-starter, thorough follow-up; problem solver.
- Unafraid to initiate change and have a strong sense of urgency.
- Risk taker; comfortable with ambiguity.
- Collaborative; team player; sense of humor.
- Comprehensive health insurance package
- Generous PTO
- Competitive salary
- Incentive stock options and bonus plan eligibility
- Company celebrations!
Thermalin is engineering new forms of insulin that will lower the burden of insulin use, increase patient adoption of and adherence to insulin therapy, improve patient lives and outcomes, and lower the cost of caring for people with Type 1 Diabetes (T1D) or Type 2 Diabetes (T2D).
Founded in 2010 based on pioneering work by Dr. Michael Weiss on the structure and function of insulin analogues, Thermalin is overcoming the limitations of existing insulin products by re-engineering the insulin molecule to be more stable and to act more selectively. Thermalin’s formulations of these new molecules enable new delivery devices and systems that will transform lives.
Employment is contingent upon a successful background check. Thermalin Inc. will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States.
Thermalin Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.