Lab Associate/Research Associate – Bioassays
Thermalin Inc. is developing a pipeline of patent pending insulin analogs that address significant unmet needs in the rapidly growing insulin market ($17B today, $70B expected worldwide by 2030). Founded on a portfolio of new insulin analogs invented by Dr. Michael Weiss, Chairman Emeritus of Biochemistry at Case Western Reserve Medical School and Director of Therapeutic Protein Institute, Thermalin has recently entered a license and collaboration agreement with a top-5 pharmaceutical company related to two of its insulin programs.
Performing cell-based assays and immunoassays for preclinical characterization of insulin analogs.
- Independently plan and reliably conduct studies in a fast-paced environment
- Assist in development and validation of cell-based potency assays
- Prepare/optimize SOPs; prepare accurate and clear study and assay-development reports
- Effectively work with other functional teams: production, formulation, and data management
- Compile analytical data, perform data analysis and interpretation
- Order and maintain laboratory reagents and supplies, perform tasks as assigned
- Implement sample and laboratory management system
- Cell-based metabolic assays for insulin activity
- High-throughput cell proliferation assays using colorimetric readouts
- Cell culture and cell-based assays in microplates
- Assays manually and with semi-automatic systems
- Sample inventory control and handling
- Data analysis with established templates
- Solution/buffer preparation, support
- Creating accurate documentation for all studies
- Extensive cell culture experience
- Microplate cell-based assay experience including troubleshooting
- Follow protocols precisely; record results accurately and meticulously
- Excellent sample and data management
- Prompt and accurate record keeping
- Juggling several simultaneous projects
- Good listener. Strong, concise, and consistent written and oral communication
- Meticulous and detail oriented, responsible & mature
- Good mechanical skills; hands-on person
- Passionate, committed to excellence; driven to make projects and company succeed
- Persistent/tenacious, proactive self-starter, thorough follow-up; problem solver
- Initiates change. Sense of urgency
- Takes responsibility. Gets things done personally as well as through others
- Risk taker, flexible and adaptable. Comfortable with ambiguity
- Good with people, team player, sense of humor
- Demonstrated strong ethics
- At least 2 years experience post graduation, preferably in an industry setting
- At least 3 distinct, observable examples where achieved meaningful excellence
- Must have a B.S./M.S in cell biology, biochemistry, molecular biology or related science in addition to appropriate laboratory experience
- We do not provide sponsorship. Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
We offer a competitive salary with bonus based on agreed upon objectives and stock options.
Employment is contingent upon a successful background check. Thermalin Inc. will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States.
Thermalin Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.